Chubs' Sanctuary

チャビーの物語 把握今天的美,因为它是明天美好的回忆 =)

Monday, January 30, 2006

新年快乐!!~i hurt my finger~

oh well.....i re-wrote this coz the PC hang on me...

It was the Annual Gathering, Eating, Drinking, counting the monies event!!


Seems like CNY is getting less significant each year, as it seems, i cant write anything more on todae....

CNY eve used to be having reunion lunch, and then going out with Jan, Ah bil, the rest and of coz Chiuso for any countdowns or jalan jalan at the 春到河畔 festival at Marina Promenade. but this year, its a lonely one, i even skipped dinner and juz lazed at home, watching boring programs on telly.

Its the First Lunar Day!!
Woke up at about 9ish to get ready for the new year...heee...
Went to Gran's place at noon, and it was crowded already with kids.....and later on, more kids!!! Oops...and they are known as my nephews.....gosh, i don even remember their names. Hmm..it was a piercing pain when they start addressing you Auntie ling ling... *grrrooooosssss* im old. Permission granted - you can call me by name ya noe...

We had nice food that Gran made - Peranakan delicacies - Corriander Duck, Ngo hiang etc...mmm... And the standard steamboat, beer and wine, and Cheng Teng.

After lunch, we went to Kai kan for prayers, and then headed to another grandma's place. It was early, not many people yet, the first batch is gone, and im the second batch. hehe. As usual, felt a bit bored..so what i did is eating and more eating, and summer was juz busy avoiding the kids, who love to chase her around. She is old you know...haha. And did i mention Summer has her own Cheong Sum? Cool. haha

Finally, Janice and ah bil came.....we had more attacks on the pineapple tarts and other goodies..hehe. Soon it was dinner. DINNER??! Gosh, we forgot there is dinner, now we are too full to have anything else.

After light dinner, we decided to watch movie to pass the rest of the day. But warrau...!! All the shows booked!!! The only one we managed to get is like 4 rows from the front (dizzy seats), and 1140pm @ Marina Sqaure. Oh well....okie lor.

We were there an hour later. Ah Bil dropped summer home, and i change to something more comfy. We went to bowl some balls.....it was fun. And it was like the second time in my life that i played. hahaha. I hurt my finger, the nail hanging...and bleeding. sobsob

Went to the guy behind the counter for band aid...but unfortunately he dont have any. But he brought me to the office, where he clean the wound, trim off the hanging nail...and then put this purple plaster - the kind that bowlers use - he said it wasnt medicated, but at least can cover the wound first. Hmm..he is nice...except that he reeks like a BIG MARLBORO Ciggie. hahaha

After the finger is down, we decided to play Pool. Boy, Jan and me sux man! hahahahaa. We play for soooo long leh. I wanted to play the arcade games (YES, relive the nice memories..hehe) I love the Time crisis and the Jurassic Park. hhee. Still remember during Ing Jen's birthday, Jen, Jiin, chiuso and me, went to play arcade games like we were in sec school hahaha. It was so fun.

Anywayz.....we finished the game finally, and went for the movie. It was greattt!! hehe. I stopped going to the movie, since the last day I saw chiuso… I missed my movie partner, shopping partner, bitching partner…and a shoulder that I can crash on..

Went home at about 3ish....gosh. Didnt felt like a Chinese New Year Day.....


I cant help but wonder...Think.....tradition is losing its significance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home