Chubs' Sanctuary

チャビーの物語 把握今天的美,因为它是明天美好的回忆 =)

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Good Skin is God's Gift; Maintaining it is Man's Willing (Part 1)

Yes, thou shall not be too complacent about having good skin.



Good Skin is god’s gift of good genes. Well, chubs doesn’t have absolutely perfect skin, but at least it is a problem-free one.



Gonna share with you peeps on what i had use before or am still using now. Start raving the god-sent products and rantings the yeekies! Hehe!



I must say chubs is not exactly the usual girl who invest losta $$ on skin care – coz I was a lazy one and too complacent about having good skin. But…I do have my fair share of fetishes on Hand / body creams, shower gels, stuff from Bath & Body works, H&M, Kiehls and H2Oplus etc..etc…



=======================================================



Kudos and congrats to my bestie, Coco, the newly crowned Miss Chinese Sydney (悉尼华商小姐) for sharing losta dolling up tips (tho im still lazy cementing my face..hehe) And you are right, 世界没有丑人,只有懒…!



=======================================================




Okie, Here’s [Chubs’ sinful collection], ranking #2 after chubs’ shoes collection.




Cellnique:



Originated from Malaysia, I was in fact a little skeptical until I had heaps of thumbs up from Flin, MJ and their friends about the wonders of it, so I tried it…..i didn’t regret a pin bit. Haha.



What it is: Cellnique pro sebum gel. Just massage into your t-zone and nose. Remember to regularly exfoliate your face for best results with pro sebum gel. Apply twice a day after your toner



What it does: Clears away your black heads/ white heads. AMAZING isn’t it?


Ladies will love this! Men…you too!



Available: You can buy them almost all pharmacies, Watsons, Guardian and Sasa in Malaysia. Sasa in Singapore carries it too but it’s a little (about S$7) more expensive. I bought mine in KL during MJ’s wedding. Uh-oh, unfortunately cant get them in Sydney =(



Yays Or Yeeks: Yays! It works!! Chubs saw results in 10 days of usage. Chubs’ nose is squeaky clean!



Great for people like me…who doesn’t go for facials AT ALL coz im afraid of the pricking and squeezing!! *gasps*



Not too sure if it will still works if you go beyond the second bottle tho, coz MJ said, she is seeing less effect when she moved on the 2nd bottle. We shall see =)



=============================================



H2O plus:


I simply love H2O plus, was conquering my vanity space in Sydney. Everything from head to toe is from H2O. Here’s some of the stuff I have (cant finish all here)



* Eye Oasis: Really gooooooood! It is light for tropical use and yet enuff moisture to hydrate your eye area



* Eye Mender restorative firming treatment: Thumbs up!! Use it after the eye oasis for maximum results.



* Renewing microexfoliant: Not too bad! Tho I still love the Kiehls one more..



* Sea mineral mud mask: Not bad too. Always carry it in my travel pouch



* Waterwhite brightening mask: THUMBS UP! Cleans your face really well. Have been using this since 1999. Works perfect in the tropics as well as Down Under and the West sides…



* Etc..



Here are the rest that I always brought along in my travel pouch for my business trips:



* Pumice foot scrub: total relaxation after my day ended



* Sea mineral scrub: It serves as an exfoliate as well. Very refreshing!



* Sea salt body wash: I alternate this with my Bath and body Works Shower gel



* Marine Toner: This is so-so only, I prefer my Kose Grandain and Bobby Brown’s Toner



* Marine Daily Hydrator: Nice! But only in Sydney. S’pore’s too humid, I feel uncomfy soon.



* Hydrating Body Butter: Perfect!! I use this a lot in Sydney as well as Europe business trips where the air is dry. Actually, it works okie in tropical countries.



* Marine Cleansing gel: okie….i don really like this….this has already retired into the drawers, out of my pouch already.



* Etc..



Yays Or Yeeks: Overall, a BIG YAYS! But of coz, there are some products in which I have to discontinue when I’m in Singapore coz the weather is humid and I feel all sticky (tho it is a water based product). Thank goodness my fav products are still on my vanity table when I moved back to Singapore from Sydney.



======================================================




LaneigeWater Sleeping Pack Plus:



Cant live without this!!! Apply this every night without fail and wake up the next morning with fabulous face. It is so hydrated (yet, doesn’t feel oily etc) you can actually feel that you skin is so boing boing hehe. Another product that i cant live without. I love night water packs as it nourishes and hydrates my skin when im resting (our body’s skin repairs happens usually 9 to 11pm) but not every product is good. I tried Clinique’s. It was great! But only in Sydney and Europe. In Singapore, I still feel a lil greasy when I wake up the next day.



Laneige works best! Doesn’t feel Danish Pastry when I wake up every morning.




Yays or Yeeks: Thumbs Up!! Cant live without it! Try it peeps!



=================================================



Bobbi Brown



I seldom use Bobbi Brown’s product as I felt my face being greasy after I went into the sun (I hate being in the sun anyway….) However, I must emphasized that the product is actually not bad if used in les humid countries.



Well…I bought a whole lot of stuff including Bobbi Brown’s product at the Estee Lauder sale coz Cynthia works as the Brand Manager for La Mer and Bobbi Brown, so…perhaps I should try BB’s stuff again.




* Lip Balm: ohh..this is simply wonderful. And the packaging is shiny so you can use the reflective surface as a mirror. Used this during my stay in Greece – I must say, it is quite good. Moisturizing, yet doesn’t look greasy.



* Brightening Facial Water: This is darn good especially when I came back from Greece looking sooo tanned. It did help to sooth out my face’s skin tone. When im lazy, I use this like a toner too…hehe!



* Brightening Essence: I only use this at night as it gives me a greasy feel after like 3 hours. Gives good result when used with the Brightening Facial Water.



* Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation: Oops…I haven’t use it yet. Haha. Coz im a hardcore Ettusias supporter when it comes to make up. Nevertheless I bought this at the sale coz its cute! It is actually pasty-looking when in the container but when you apply on your face, it turned powdery. The coverage is good and remains smooth on the skin. Not bad, so I bought it. If not for these reviews….i forgotten that I have yet to open this pack yet. Hohoho!




Yays Or Yeeks: Well….i will give it a 50-50. I don’t mind using it occasionally during my business trips where weather is less humid and colder, which allows my face to be better moisturize yet not feeling greasy.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So much for Part 1. Chub’s just returned from business trip. There are more products that i have from the brands above - juz no time to finish all of them.



Stay tune to this space in the next blog of Good Skin: God's Gift or Man's Willing




Okie...trying to squeeze all of them in




My fav H2Oplus! Partial of them.




The sinful buys (partial only) hehe!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home